NYC Ferry Service & Schedule Modification
NYC FERRY SERVICE & SCHEDULE MODIFICATION EFFECTIVE MONDAY, MAY 18TH, 2020
COVID-19 has prompted us to take a hard look at ways to make the NYC Ferry system more efficient and cost-effective, not only during the New York State Pause order, but also beyond. Upcoming changes will create savings for the City, while still providing reliable transit service for New Yorkers. NYC Ferry will implement some significant service changes starting Monday, May 18th.
- An additional, temporary reduction in service during the PAUSE period. On both weekdays and weekends, NYC Ferry service will end at approximately 9 PM.
- Creating a more connected and efficient system. NYC Ferry will permanently reconfigure three routes: the Lower East Side, South Brooklyn, and Soundview. This will allow NYC Ferry to continue serving all existing landings at a lower cost. All riders will still have connections to the job hub at Wall Street, and Corlears Hook riders will have additional direct connections to job hubs in Sunset Park (BAT) and Red Hook. For existing South Brooklyn riders, this change means faster and more ways to get between Brooklyn and Manhattan.
- The Corlears Hook landing will be served by the South Brooklyn route.
- The Stuyvesant Cove landing will be served by the Soundview route.
- Permanently closing The Rockaway parking lot. NYCEDC will close the underutilized parking lot near the Rockaway ferry landing. Riders who currently use the parking lot will still have access to free street parking nearby.
New route map and schedules are listed below. Please plan your commute accordingly:
FERRY SERVICE STARTING MONDAY, MAY 18th, 2020
East River Route |ER Schedule
South Brooklyn Route | SB Schedule
Soundview Route | SV Route
Rockaway Route | RW Schedule
Astoria Route | AST Schedule
SHUTTLE BUS SERVICE STARTING MONDAY, MAY 18th, 2020
Midtown Shuttle Bus |Midtown Shuttle
Rockaway East Shuttle | RWE Schedule
Rockaway West Shuttle | RWW Schedule