Safe Travels with NYC Ferry
What To Know Before You Go
At NYC Ferry, the safety of our riders and crew is of the utmost importance. It is our objective to provide New Yorkers with a safe way to travel through the waterways of New York City. Our face-covering policy, safety guidelines, and enhanced safety measures detailed below are designed to keep each other safe. We’re all in this together – let’s keep each other safe.
FACE COVERINGS ARE OPTIONAL TO BOARD & RIDE NYC FERRY
Effective Sept 8, 2022, masks are now optional for riders throughout the NYC Ferry system. We strongly encourage riders to continue to wear masks while inside the main cabin. Please respect other riders’ choices.
- Masks are now optional. We strongly encourage riders to continue to wear masks while inside the main cabin.
ENHANCED SAFETY MEASURES
During this time, NYC Ferry has enhanced our safety procedures to protect our riders and crew.
These enhanced measures include:
- Personal Protective Equipment provided to NYC Ferry crew members
- Hand-sanitizer dispensers located on the deck of all NYC Ferry boats
- Contactless boarding with the NYC Ferry App
- Frequent cleaning of high-touch areas throughout the day
- NYC Ferry App for contactless ticket transactions and boarding
ENJOY A CONTACTLESS RIDE WITH THE NYC FERRY APP
We’ve recently launched a new NYC Ferry APP to provide you with enhanced features to make your ride a smooth one.
With the NYC Ferry App, you can:
- Purchase and store NYC Ferry Tickets
- Enjoy contactless boarding
- Plan your trip
- Receive real-time notifications and alerts
- Track your ferry in real-time
For a contactless ride, download the NYC Ferry App.