Safe Travels with NYC Ferry
What To Know Before You Go
At NYC Ferry, the safety of our riders and crew is of the utmost importance. It is our objective to provide New Yorkers with a safe way to travel through the waterways of New York City. Our face-covering policy, safety-guidelines, and enhanced safety measures detailed below are designed to keep each other safe. We’re all in this together – let’s keep each other safe.
FACE-COVERINGS ARE REQUIRED TO BOARD & RIDE NYC FERRY
A New York State mandate requires everyone to wear a face-covering when outside their home. You must wear a face-covering at all times when riding public transportation, such as the subway, ferry, bus, taxis, and car services – and this is no exception with NYC Ferry. Masks or acceptable face-coverings are required to board and throughout the duration of your ride.
Those riders under the age of 2 years are not required to wear a face-covering. Those riders with a medical condition that excludes them from wearing a mask must apply 6ft between themselves and other riders while onboard NYC Ferry.
Acceptable forms of face-coverings include:
- Masks which cover both your nose and mouth
- Scarfs which cover both your nose and mouth
- Bandanas which cover both your nose and mouth
The top deck of NYC Ferry is not exempt. All riders who wish to enjoy the top deck of NYC Ferry must wear a face-covering at all times.
- Wear your face-coverings at all times (this includes while riding on the top deck of NYC Ferry)
- Maintain 6” social distance between yourself and other riders.
- Avoid touching your face
- Wash your hands frequently. We have hand sanitizer stations located on the main deck of all NYC Ferry boats
ENHANCED SAFETY MEASURES
During this time, NYC Ferry has enhanced our safety procedures to protect our riders and crew.
These enhanced measures include:
- Daily temperature checks of our crew
- Personal Protective Equipment provided to NYC Ferry crew members
- Social distancing boarding and riding procedures
- Hand-sanitizer dispensers located on the deck of all NYC Ferry boats
- Contactless boarding with the NYC Ferry App
- Frequent cleaning of high-touch areas throughout the day
- NYC Ferry App for a contactless ticket transactions and boarding
ENJOY A CONTACTLESS RIDE WITH THE NYC FERRY APP
We’ve recently launched a new NYC Ferry APP to provide you with enhanced features to make your ride a smooth one.
With the NYC Ferry App, you can:
- Purchase and store NYC Ferry Tickets
- Enjoy contactless boarding
- Plan your trip
- Receive real-time notifications and alerts
- Track your ferry in real-time
For a contactless ride, download the NYC Ferry App.
Free Covid-19 testing is now available in New York City at more than 100 locations across the city. Please visit (https://www1.nyc.gov/site/coronavirus/get-tested/covid-19-testing.page) for more information.